It’s never too early to discover STEM. STEM stands for to science, technology, engineering and math concepts.FIRST LEGO League Jr. is designed to introduce STEM concepts to kids ages 6 to 10 while exciting them through a brand they know and love − LEGO®.
Guided by adult Coaches, teams (up to 6 members, grades K-4) explore a real-world scientific problem such as food safety, recycling, energy, etc. Then they create a Show Me poster that illustrates their journey of discovery and introduces their team. They also construct a motorized model of what they learned using LEGO elements. In the process, teams learn about teamwork, the wonders of science and technology, and the FIRST LEGO League Jr. Core Values, which include respect, sharing, and critical thinking. At the close of each season, teams come together at Expos to strut their stuff, share ideas, celebrate, and have fun!
FIRST LEGO League Jr. teams get to:
- Explore challenges facing today’s scientists
- Discover real-world math and science
- Design and build a challenge-related model with a moving part using LEGO® elements
- Create a Show Me Poster and practice presentation skills
- Develop teamwork skills
- Choose to participate in Expos and showcases
- Engage in team activities guided by the FIRST LEGO League Jr. Core Values
Check the photos from the FLL Junior Expo 2015-2016 – https://goo.gl/hX0B2q
In case you want to receive more information and order all necessary materials, leave your contacts below:
Join FIRST LEGO League Junior and change the world today!